Russian State University for the Humanities grew out of Moscow State Institute for History and Archives. Its official birthday is 27 March 1991.
The first round of admissions into RSUH took place in 1991. Despite its comparatively young age, RSUH has come to be one of the best among the most respected universities of the country, having emerged as of the leading educational and research centers in Russia. Our University was the first in the country to combine the words “Russian” and “humanities” in its name. We are proud and honored to bear this title, ever striving to further affirm our status. The progress we have made is recognized both within the country and abroad. In all the past years RSUH has been one of the most sough-after institutions among the prospective students. And we feel obliged not just to preserve but also to develop and enrich the legacy with which we enter the third decade of our history.
University educational principles:
- The European two-level educational system (B.A. – M.A.) noticeably increases the number of types of training and offers a possibility to study and work abroad.
- Integration of research and education allows students to develop research skills and acquire the necessary set of competences.
- Sustainability and interdisciplinarity is represented by the unified educational complex as opposed to a series of specialized non-related programs.
- Practice-oriented approach to educational tracks is based upon a carefully created combination of fundamental theoretical knowledge and hands-on skills.
- The educational environment is conducive to learning, and is based on the idea of freedom of creative and professional self-actualization and on the principles of mutual tolerance.
- Student-oriented educational system allows tapping into the individual abilities of the students. The University has an active tutor system.
- The life-long learning concept views the education as a continuing and uninterrupting process. RSUH offers preparatory training for prospective students, continuing education programs as well as graduate and postgraduate tracks. The programs operate both in Moscow and in the regions.
- The principle of “educating through art” has led to creating a unique training environment – teaching in museums and exhibition halls.
© RSUH 1996 - 2017. All rights reserved.